[ Flexible Spine ] [ YogaLesson1 ] [ YogaLesson2 ]
Support this web site and purchase eBooks
through our links
Complete hunza miracle story.
Five Tibetan Rites
The Five Tibetan Rites offer a simple but highly effective exercise program that improves
health and well-being.
Qi Gong Exercise
The Indespensable Qi Gong Book For People On The Go!
Cayce on Yoga
TEXT OF READING 2475-1 M 44 (Physics Research Director,
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on
Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 27th day of March,
1941, in accordance with request made by the self through Mr.
, Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research &
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Hugh Lynn Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
Mr.  and Mrs. .
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading
3:45 to 4:15 P. M. Eastern Standard Time. ..., Penna.
1. HLC: You will have before you the body and enquiring mind of
, ..., Penna., in special reference to the Yoga
exercises with which he has been experimenting, in breathing.
You will indicate just what has taken place in the body and
what should be done from this point, considering the best
physical, mental and spiritual development of the entity.
You will answer the questions, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes, we have the body, the enquiring mind, ; and
those conditions, those experiences of the body in the use of
Yoga exercise in breathing.
3. To give that as would be helpful to the body at this time,
there might be indicated for the body something of that which
takes place when such exercises are used - and the
experiences had by one so doing.
4. These exercises are excellent, yet it is necessary that
special preparation be made - or that a perfect understanding
be had by the body as to what takes place when such exercises
5. For, BREATH is the basis of the living organism's activity.
Thus, such exercises may be beneficial or detrimental in
their effect upon a body.
6. Hence it is necessary that an understanding be had as to how,
as to when, or in what manner such may be used.
7. It would be very well for the body to study very carefully
the information which we have given through these sources as
respecting Meditation. Then this information as may be given
here may prove of beneficial effect in the experience of the
8. Each soul, individual or entity, finds these facts existent:
9. There is the body-physical - with all its attributes for the
functioning of the body in a three-dimensional or a
manifested earth plane.
10. Also there is the body-mental - which is that directing
influence of the physical, the mental and the spiritual
emotions and manifestations of the body; or the way, the
manner in which conduct is related to self, to individuals,
as well as to things, conditions and circumstances. While
the mind may not be seen by the physical senses, it can be
sensed by others; that is, others may sense the conclusions
that have been drawn by the body-mind of an individual, by
the manner in which such an individual conducts himself in
relationship to things, conditions or people.
11. Then there is the body-spiritual, or soul-body - that eternal
something that is invisible. It is only visible to that
consciousness in which the individual entity in patience
becomes aware of its relationship to the mental and the
12. All of these then are one - in an entity; just as it is
considered, realized or acknowledged that the body, mind and
soul are one, - that God, the Son and the Holy Spirit are
13. Then in the physical body there ARE those influences, then,
through which each of these phases of an entity may or does
become an active influence.
14. There may be brought about an awareness of this by the
exercising of the mind, through the manner of directing the
15. For, in the body there is that center in which the soul is
expressive, creative in its nature, - the Leydig center.
16. By this breathing, this may be made to expand - as it moves
along the path that is taken in its first inception, at
conception, and opens the seven centers of the body that
radiate or are active upon the organisms of the body.
17. This in its direction may be held or made to be a helpful
influence for specific conditions, at times - by those who
have taught, or who through experience have found as it were
the key, or that which one may do and yet must not do; owing
to whatever preparation has been made or may be made by the
body for the use of this ability, this expression through the
18. As this life-force is expanded, it moves first from the
Leydig center through the adrenals, in what may be termed an
upward trend, to the pineal and to the centers in control of
the emotions - or reflexes through the nerve forces of the
19. Thus an entity puts itself, through such an activity, into
association or in conjunction with all it has EVER been or
may be. For, it loosens the physical consciousness to the
20. To allow self in a universal state to be controlled, or to be
dominated, may become harmful.
21. But to know, to feel, to comprehend as to WHO or as to WHAT
is the directing influence when the self-consciousness has
been released and the real ego allowed to rise to expression,
is to be in that state of the universal consciousness, -
which is indicated in this body here, Edgar Cayce, through
which there is given this interpretation for .
22. So, in analyzing all this, - first study the variations of
what has been the body-temperament, in thought, in food.
For, the body-physical becomes that which it assimilates from
material nature. The body-mental becomes that it assimilates
from both the physical-mental and the spiritual-mental. The
soul is ALL of that the entity is, has been or may be.
23. Then, WHO and WHAT would the entity have to direct self in
24. To be loosed without a governor, or a director, may easily
25. But as we would give, from here, let not such a director be
that of an entity. Rather so surround self with the
universal consciousness of the CHRIST, as to be directed by
that influence as may be committed to thee.
26. Thus the entity may use constructively that which has been
27. But to prevent physical harm, mental harm, - attune self in
body and in mind with that influence by which the entity
seeks to be directed; not haphazardly, not by chance, but -
as of old - choose thou this day WHOM ye will serve: the
living God within thee, by thee, through thee? or those
influences of knowledge without wisdom, that would enslave or
empower thee with the material things which only gratify for
28. Rather choose thou as he of old, - let others do as they may,
but as for thee, serve thou the living God.
29. Thus ye may constructively use that ability of spiritual
attunement, which is the birthright of each soul; ye may use
it as a helpful influence in thy experiences in the earth.
30. But make haste SLOWLY! Prepare the body. Prepare the mind,
before ye attempt to loosen it in such measures or manners
that it may be taken hold upon by those influences which
constantly seek expressions of self rather than of a living,
constructive influence of a CRUCIFIED Savior.
31. Then, crucify desire in self; that ye may be awakened to the
real abilities of helpfulness that lie within thy grasp.
32. Ready for questions.
33. (Q) Is there at present any danger to any particular
body-function, such as sex; or to general health?
(A) As we have indicated, without preparation, desires of
EVERY nature may become so accentuated as to destroy - or to
overexercise as to bring detrimental forces; unless the
desire and purpose is acknowledged and set IN the influence
of self as to its direction - when loosened by the kundaline
activities through the body.
34. (Q) Just what preparation would you advise for the body,
(A) This should be rather the choice of the body from its
OWN development, than from what ANY other individual entity
or source might give.
Purify the body, purify the mind; that the principle, the
choice of ideals as made by the entity may be made manifest.
Do whatever is required for this, - whether the washing of
the body, the surrounding with this or that influence, or
that of whatever nature.
As has been experienced, this opening of the centers or the
raising of the life force may be brought about by certain
characters of breathing, - for, as indicated, the breath is
power in itself; and this power may be directed to certain
portions of the body. But for what purpose? As yet it has
been only to see what will happen! Remember what curiosity
did to the cat! Remember what curiosity did to Galileo,
and what it did to Watt - but they used it in quite different
directions in each case!
35. (Q) Considering the development of the entity, is further
practice of the Yoga exercises of breathing and meditation
(A) By all means! if and when, and ONLY when, preparation
has been made; and when there is the knowledge, the
understanding and the wisdom as to what to do WITH that
gained! Without such, do not undertake same!
36. We are through for the present.
Two copies to Mr. 
Copy to Ass'n file